Friday, December 22, 2006

first planned group WOD and more

First, I would like to say that on this blog, I won't be posting times. You guys really can't be too interested in the times we are getting on CrossFit HQ workouts. This space will be reserved for new info on how the CrossFit community in Richmond is coming along, and original workouts that we come up with and use.

Anyways, me, Matt, and Brandon will be working out with a group of guys at American Family Fitness around the 28th. I think it is about 8 guys who are all on a boxing team. Matt has been talking to one of them, RIcky, who sounds enthusiastic about bringing CrossFit to Richmond. It's exciting to have a group of guys that are dedicated to fitness and who depend on their fitness level involved. Hopefully things will start to take off and get more organized soon.

We are planning on hosting a group WOD (our first) on January 5th here at the house. We will be trying to get the word out in the meanwhile, I'll be satisfied if we can get 2 or 3 people in addition to the usual 3 we already have training. We need to get more equipment together; we need more pull-up bars, more deicine balls, and some more plyo-boxes. Of course we need much more than that, but that's just to get started.

If anyone sees this and would like to participate in the first group WOD here, comment, email us, anything!

2 comments:

James said...

I am very interested in getting into crossfit! I live in Henrico County, out by the west end. I have no experience with crossfit yet, but have been interested for some time now. Mind if I join you guys for the group WOD?

Matthew Cricchio said...

Yeah! E-mail me at matthewcricchio@hotmail.com and we can exchange contact info.